CAPTURE THE FADE
SUBMISSIONS OPEN: Monday July 26 – Monday August 30 2010
Ampersand is very pleased to invite you to submit to its first annual open photography competition. Whether you are a professional photographer or a dentist who happens to own a camera, we are looking for creative, evocative, humorous and thoughtful photographic responses to the theme, The Fade.
Submissions may or may not be landscapes, portraits, still lifes, wedding photography, glamour shots, theatrical scenes, wildlife, marketing photography, food photography, fashion photography, paparazzi or photojournalism. They may or may not be spontaneous or staged. They may or may not be natural or digitally augmented.
All submissions will appear on the Capture The Fade blog. Mr Henson’s chosen 16 entries will be curated for the Capture The Fade exhibition and published in Ampersand # 3 – The Fade, and the overall winner will be profiled in the issue.
with the subject heading CAPTURE THE FADE
- Submit a maximum of four photographs
- All images must be in JPEG format. MAX: 768 x 1024 pixels 1MB per image.
- Files must be named in this order: FIRSTNAME_SURNAME_TITLE.jpg
- One single page containing a max. 200-word description of the photograph(s) AND a max. 100-word biography of yourself.
- Submit a completed and signed copy of the release form, downloadable below. The signed release form must be emailed with all submissions.
-Winners will be contacted by Ampersand for high resolution versions of their photographs. Works will be printed for exhibition at 16 x 20 in. Please ensure that all submitted photographs can be resupplied at this size.
- Only correct and complete submissions will be considered for publication.
Banga Sings, West Brunswick Winterball 2009, Warwick Baker
from issue 2 – Janus Faces